Hi, I'm DLKRLove taking snaps with your phone, curious about photo editing, but feel intimidated by the thought of having to learn Photoshop? You've come to the right place! Check out my posts for examples of what's possible with simple tools for enhancing various aspects of photos and even creating "art" with them.
Whether you a photography lover seeking unique desktop wallpapers or an artist needing reference photos, be sure to check out my photo packs on Gumroad.
To support my work, feel free to donate any amount via either of the following.
- PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bitcoin (BTC): 1EknnX99y7vRCrVQUvp8GSoTtjBnGXd2iE
- Ether (ETH): 0x7212649ECA2BDf32661481dE65464F393E139bfD
To see my latest work and connect, follow me on your favorite social media.
- Mainstream: Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Medium, Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr ,YouTube
- Niche: BitChute, BitTubers, DeviantArt, Ello, Gab, Minds, Parler
I'm not an Apple fanboy but for now, find that Apple devices and compatible accessories are the easiest for me to use.
- Blackmagic eGPU Pro: Fantastic for AI-powered apps that need more processing muscle.
- iPhone: I tend to update to the latest each year. Currently an iPhone XS Max. That's right; I don't use a DSLR—I'm a minimalist and like to be able to take photos whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- MacBook Pro: I update every two to three years. I am currently using a 13" 2016 model.
Photo Editing Tools
I'm allergic to complexity, so prefer to use simple tools that just work. Here's what I'm using these days.
- Apple Photos: Superb for syncing between my iPhone and Mac, storing (via iCloud), management, and performing basic edits. The following AI-powered apps I tend to use it as Apple Photos extensions so that I can keep the original version of the photo.
- Photolemur: Desktop app that is especially good at breathing life into dark landscape photos.
- Polarr: Mobile and desktop app that is best known for its intelligent filters but also has editing capabilities that go beyond what Apple Photos provides while still being relatively easy to use.
- Topaz Labs AI Bundle: Desktop apps for de-noising, sharpening, upscaling, and more.
- TouchRetouch: Mobile and desktop app that is great for removing objects, damage, noise, or blemishes.
Portrait Editing Tools
You won't see many faces on this blog, but when I do need to edit faces for client work, here's what I tend to use nowadays.
- FaceApp: Mobile app with several capabilities that BeautyPlus lacks and vice-versa.
- Lensa: Mobile app by Prisma designed for realistic and subtle improvements.
- Photo Lab: Mobile app designed to add a variety of effects on selfies and portrait shots. Rendering is done in the cloud.
- PortraitPro Studio Max: Desktop app that automates many facial edits.
Artistic Effect Tools
I love creating artistic versions of my photos. Lately, I've been trying these.
- BeFunky: A web-based image editor with a variety of artistic effect filters plus many more features.
- Oilist: An iOS app which creates a painting based on photo input.
- Painnt: Mobile and desktop app that applies a variety of artistic effects intelligently. Rendering is done on-device.
- Portra: Mobile app that produces gorgeous watercolor painting effects.
- Prisma: Mobile app that applies a variety of artistic effects intelligently. HD versions are rendered in the cloud.
- Topaz Studio: Desktop app with a range of photo editing and artistic tools, filters, and effects.
What's on your mind? Feel free to contact me via email@example.com!